11x17 (8 1/2 x 11) Freebie Templates by ME!

So I decided to create a few templates. I've only done a few in the past--including my Maternity ones you can find here. But I was looking though some of my work lately, and realized that I really DO pack a lot of pictures onto a page. So I created some templates based on pages I have already created in the past.

These are for 8 1/2 x 11 pages--but it's one 11x17 file. You just divide the page in two after you've finished it to print or upload. There are so few templates out there for this size, and I'm always having to adjust those 12x12 pages, so now it's YOUR turn, you traditionalists! Ha!

If you have never used templates or would like a refresher course on how to use them, read Lesson 24 which explains the process in detail. The files you will be downloading are PSD files for Photoshop. Just click on the pictures below to download! Hope you enjoy these freebies!

**Update - I have also created four more templates AND created a video that shows how to use a clipping mask to create a page. You can find it by clicking on the image below:


Template 1

Template 2

Template 3



Template 4



Template 5




Remember, a template is nothing but a JUMPING OFF POINT. Although you could certainly do your page exactly as mine is here, you can change it as much as you want. There are things like the elements and the silhouette in template 4 that are there just as ideas or placeholders for your own elements from the kit you are using and your own pictures. For me, templates are great for when I'm just out of ideas and every page is starting to look the same. You'll also notice that every one of these templates has LOTS of pictures. Even on an 8 1/2 x 11 page, you can still fit a lot of pictures. They don't ALL have to be large pictures--just highlight your best ones in the bigger photo spots. If you use the clipping masks as explained in Lesson 24, you could easily whip out a page in 10 minutes using one of these templates.

Here are the pages that I based these templates on. Sorry for the poor quality on the last two-they are screenshots from Cherishbound. The original files were lost when my hard drive crashed, so I no longer have the .psd's or the .jpgs for them. (trying not to cry...)

Template 1

Note: The photo frames on this page are from an actual kit. This kit is called Pocket Full of Posies from Elemental Scraps. It's long gone and so is the site, but I love that I have used this kit SO many times and you'd never know it.

Template 2

Used A Touch of Class kit, also from Elemental Scraps and one that I bought years ago. Used A LOT of actions on this page. Oh Atomic Cupcake, how I miss you...I used the Foil action from that site to do the Memorial Day Weekend title.

Template 3

This is with the kit Do it Yourself by Connie Prince--she is one of my absolute FAVORITE designers!

Template 4

I didn't use a kit for this page! I created the background, obviously based on my my daughter's shirt. I created the ribbon myself a long time ago using some long lost tutorial. I like how it turned out!

Template 5
This is a real favorite of mine. I used the kit Cheeky from Designs by Krista, which, by the way, I think you can buy for $1.00 right now! I really love the font of my title--it's called Beyond Wonderland.

2 comments:

  1. Squeeeeel!!!! I love, love, LOVE these!!! Thank you so much for sharing. And glad to see you've gotten your mojo back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these...just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete