Where have I been?

So...I haven't updated for a few months. I don't know if anyone has noticed. But the guilt is starting to get to me. Scrapbooking used to be one of those things I could feel good about--like, the thing that others struggle with and feel guilty about, while I am all caught up and so on top of it.

Then, the worst happened. Cherishbound totally failed me. I have published every book through this website, and I have really liked them and their quality. They are one of the only sites I can find that does 8 1/2 x 11 size books, without taking massive margins. In August they took down their site, sending out an email (which I cannot find now) stating that they have changed their company to a new name. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I didn't realize, then, how much it would derail me.

The new site went up and I remember visiting it long enough to notice that the editor I always used was not there. I figured it would be up eventually. I forgot the name of the new site. I can't find anything about it anywhere. The Cherishbound site just has a link to an email, but no link to their new site (a HUGE oversight, if you ask me!) So...I guess they are just gone. I even sent them an email politely asking them what their plans were for the new site and if the editor would be back, but they didn't bother to respond.

I thought, no problem! I'll find a new company to print my books! But I really want to stick with 8 1/2 x 11--mainly because I have half of 2013 already scrapped to that size, and also because I want all my books to be the same size. But my searches have proved futile. The few I have found that say they do that size take such massive margins that my pages don't fit. I'd have to redo them. And...I just sort of...lost it. I'm so discouraged. I am only caught up through about half of August of last year, and I just keep falling farther and farther behind. I've lost my mojo I guess. If I can't publish it, what's the point? But in the meantime, I'm missing things. Details about my children are not getting recorded. I am forgetting what happened back in October. How can I write about it? I take WAY less pictures now. I am less motivated to take the kids somewhere so I can do a great page on it. (I know it's sad that I won't take the kids somewhere unless I can scrap it, but whatever motivates you works I guess...)

So, if anyone knows of a company that does 8 1/2 x 11, let me know. I've tried Mixbook, and I really like them--I've used them to make calendars. But they are one of the ones that takes huge margins. I guess if I can't find anyone else I go with them. In the meantime, this site is really suffering. I am still using Photoshop every day, though, don't get me wrong. In fact, I DID update the new school play program I did for Aida on this page. I have made more boxes, more tags, more paper dolls--I use it all the time. I just haven't felt inspired to write. I will try to do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment